Hillsborough County – Business Continuation
The Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County helps small businesses prepare and recover from disasters. Professionally certified business consultants can help small business owners develop comprehensive business continuity, emergency preparedness, and disaster recovery plans at no cost.
In the event of a disaster, the Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County can help affected businesses prepare disaster loan applications, identify other recovery resources, and manage post-disaster challenges.
Learn More or Get Assistance
For information or assistance to prepare your business for disaster and other no-cost, one-on-one consulting services, contact Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County online or call (813) 204-9267 to request an appointment.
Tips for Assembling a Business Ready “Records-To-Go” Box
Records needed to continue business:
As part of the CRS program, the County receives a “class” ranking between one and 10 based on the implementation of 18 creditable activities, organized within the four categories below:
- Business Continuity, Emergency Preparedness, and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Emergency contact list of employees and key customers
- Insurance policies and agent information
- List of suppliers and vendors
- Customer records
- Back-up computer systems and data files
- Bank records
Customary information needed when applying for state and federal business disaster loans includes:
- The business’s physical address
- Tax identification numbers
- Legal structure or incorporation papers
- Name, Social Security number, and contact information and percentage of ownership for each owner
- List of the business’s key creditors and vendors
Customary documentation needed when applying for state and federal business disaster loans includes:
- The business’s tax returns
- Personal tax returns for each owner
- Employee verification documentation (e.g. IRS Form 941, W-3s, W-2s
- Schedule of liabilities and debts of the business
- Current and year-to-date financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
Note: Information on this page is adapted from Florida SBDC and SBA resources.
The Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide partnership program nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution. Florida SBDC services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for limited English proficient individuals.
State Designated as Florida’s Principal Provider of Business Assistance [§ 288.001, Fla. Stat.]