Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as fast food chain tries to recover severance pay from ex-CEO
- Latest: McDonald’s sues Steve Easterbrook
- Claims CEO had sexual relations with three employees
- Investigation found videos and photos
- Eat Out to Help Out helps the high street
- FTSE 100 starts new week with a rally
- Chinese factory gate prices picked up last month
Time for a recap
Here’s my colleague Ed Helmore on the allegations against McDonald’s former CEO:
Steve Easterbrook, the British former chief executive of McDonald’s, is being sued by the company in an attempt to recover tens of millions in compensation and severance payments after new allegations of sexual misconduct emerged against him.
Easterbrook, who was fired from the company last November over a relationship with an employee, allegedly hid details of three other “physical sexual relationships” with employees in the year before he left the company, according to a lawsuit filed in Delaware.